Monday, April 27, 2009

Unit 3 Portfolio Author's Note

This project has been difficult in some areas but also a good change from the normal papers I have written.

The Letter to the Editor was similar to some papers I have written where I respond to what someone else has written. The first draft I wrote, I felt was a good first draft. After receiving the comments from my group members I recognized I wasn't adding enough of my opinion about the topic. I added a little more opinionated views and now feel that it is a well developed piece.

The Op-Ed piece was probably the most uncommon paper I have written. I had never really been assigned a paper in which I can put as much feeling and emotion into it as I wanted. Because I dislike the parking here at TCU so much this wasn't very hard to do. I feel very strongly about this topic so the feelings flowed freely. When I started this paper I put a lot of my views into it. But for my second draft I added many personal accounts and the views of others as well.

The humor piece was something I liked doing. It allowed me to express how I felt about the parking in a lighter manner yet still get my point across, a comic strip. The first draft I developed was in pencil. For the second draft, I added color, put the drawings on computer paper, and added an additional picture at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment