Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Space Analysis

When thinking about places to observe I wanted to go to one that always had a decent amount of people going through it throughout the day. This is why I chose to observe Dutch's. The restaurant has a large variety of people and to be honest another reason was that it's close and I wouldn't have to drive anywhere.

Now the question is when to observe. I think the best time to observe would be when there are a lot of people going in and out of Dutch's either around lunch or dinner time. This is why I plan on going there on Thursday around 5:30 or 6:00 p.m., this will give me a good feel for the dinner crowd. I am also planning on going to Dutch's on Saturday around noon to get an idea of how the restaurant is run around lunch time.

From the few times that I have been to Dutch's I have always been satisfied with my visit. I believe this is because it has a very welcoming feel. The employees there are nice and the food is nothing to complain about. I think by observing this place my thoughts about it will only be reassured.

2 comments:

  1. Cameron, This definitely sounds like an interesting topic to consider. I've only ever eaten there at lunch time, so I'm curious to hear about the differences between then and dinner/happy hour. It'll also be interesting to see if you figure out what rhetorical strategies might contribute to the 'welcoming feel' you mention. The proposal looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only been to Dutch's a few times, but it seems like a very interesting place. I know that they have that side bar and I am curious if people actually go there to watch sports games and enjoy a drink? I think it would be interesting to discover whether most people just go there to grab a quick bite to eat, or actually stay there and enjoy the atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete