Monday, March 23, 2009

Topic Progression

When thinking abou this paper and how it has progressed since that first day in class I realize how much a paper really can change. When this assignment was given to us I originally was set on doing a topic that related to my major of Kinesiology. I first chose the subject of whether or no doing physical therapy with a center was needed to have a full recovery. I was also planning on looking into the views of people from all different view points such as; a patient who went through physical therapy and one who didn't, a doctor who performed a surgery, and a physical therapist. When starting my research on this topic I became very frustrated. There were some accounts of people's experiences after an injury or surgery but just couldn't find enough information to form a good paper.

Because of this lack of information I changed the topic of my paper to the steroid scandal surrounding Alex Rodriguez. Since baseball is "America's Past-time" and the media is constantly covering stories on this topic I knew I wouldn't have much trouble finding source for this topic. When I found my first few sources I realized that I needed to narrow down my topic, it was too broad. I narrowed it to "Whether or not Alex Rodriguez should still be considered for the Baseball Hall of Fame". This proved to be much more successful.

When starting this assignment I wasn't reall interested in the type of paper we were assigned to write. After doing the research and learning more about the topic I was looking at, the paper has grown on me a little, it's not so much a chore to work on it.

Author's Note:
The major part of my paper that I am worried about is the analysis for each source. I feel my analysis on the source from Posnanski's article was sufficient but the rest I was a little hesitant on.

No comments:

Post a Comment