Monday, March 2, 2009

Research Perspective

When I first heard of the incident with Alex Rodriguez, I was one of those people saying things like, "he's an idiot". By doing that I felt he had thrown his career and his legacy away. After doing research on this topic for a week or so, I have altered my views a little bit. Although he did break the rules by taking steroids, in his interview he claimed to have never known what they truly were. He also talks to Peter Gammons, in the exclusive ESPN showing, about the time frame of his actions. Rodriguez says he first started taking the steroids when he arrived in Texas and was feeling the pressure of fans, owners, and the press. He also says he stopped taking them in 2003 for fear that the substance was banned without his knowledge. When looking at his expressions and hearing his story, I have developed an understanding of what he did. Large amounts of pressure can push a person to many uncharacteristic things.

No comments:

Post a Comment