Monday, February 16, 2009

Author's Note for Unit 1 Portfolio

Upon turning in my first draft I was questioning whether I had written a good paper. After receiving the different suggestions and proposed revisions and putting them into effect, my view has changed. I now feel I have written a very sound and well put-together essay. Most of the corrections that I made to my drafts had to do with elaboration. Whether it was elaborating on the argument that the space was making or just going into more detail about the colors used or what sort of things are on the walls. By making these changes I feel the paper is easier to keep up with and get a better idea of what its like to sit inside the restaurant.

By completing this final draft, it almost feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Not that this was a painful task but finishing a writing assignment is always a gratifying thing. This one in particular has been especially gratifying to finish because of the type of assignment, I've never had to write a paper on spacial analysis. Overall I feel it was a satisfying experience and a big change from the normal writing assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment